The Energy Ball!
The energy(referred commonly as Chi, Qi, and even Ki) ball is a technique of focusing your energy between your hands. This can be very handy in helping you meditate, put up spiritual barriers(which can protect you from harmful energies/entities), ground yourself, and gain more control over your energy.
This is a technique that is hundreds, maybe even thousands of years old. And it has been used to teach people mental and spiritual discipline, how to focus on one task at a time, and to control their energy as well as emotions(including stress relief).
Using this technique is simple. And now I’m going to teach you how I learned it.
- When standing or sitting, close your eyes, and do the standard 5-5-5 breathing technique(in through the nose for a count of 5, hold for a count of 5, out through the mouth for a count of 5).
- Lift your hands up and cup them(similar to above GIF, but with fingers spread), keeping your hands relaxed/loose with palms facing each other. Your elbows should be bent at a right angle, and your hands should be apart(width of your body, to start).
- Relax and slowly bring your hands closer and closer to each other. (Try not to let your fingertips touch.
- You should start to feel a slight tingling sensation in your fingertips/palms. This sensation will grow the closer they get.
- When the fingertips of each hand have about an inch apart, try to imagine a ball in that space between your palms. As you do this, also imagine that you are pushing energy out of your hands into this ball(feeding it if you will).
- As you continue this exercise and get better at it, try changing the shape or color of the ball, and feeding emotions or ideas into it. You can even assign a basic element to it, in your mind.
NOTE: Techniques like this one require a lot of focus. Your mind should not wander too much when you attempt this. So try to keep distracting stimuli away from your person. Also, it may take several attempts to get it right. Do not get discouraged if it does. That is normal. One abnormality that may come from this exercise, however, would be if you feel pain whenever you attempt this. If such a thing occurs, stop immediately. It is an indicator that one or more of your Chakras may be turned off/dampened.